Trying to remember all of your different passwords is getting nearly impossimple. Personally as a developer
i couldn’t keep control over my passwords at work. User accounts for testing and production environments
MS SQL database users, github accounts etc. Although there are many password managers out there,
most them are web based with an emphasis on syncing across all devices. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m all for
web applications, for some reason I wanted to be in total control of my data, hence i created Password Keeper.
Password Keeper is a simple and usefull application and you can give it a try by downloading the
Demo version in which you can store up untill 10 passwords. If you like the program and want to support me
you can purchase the full version for the price of a coffee.
- Download the folder either the Demo or the full version.
- Unzip the file.
- Open the folder and click on PasswordKeeper.exe
- Set a database name for example: ‘passkeep.sdf’ or store the file on a separate folder : ‘C:\myfolder\passkeep.sdf’
- Set a DB password for example: ‘admin’
- Press Connect. This will create the .sdf file where all of your passwords will be encrypted and stored.
- Set a Key 1 and a Key 2. Beware that these keys should be very dificult like: ‘k90RRc&0’ and not just ‘mypetsname’. This
is just for your own safety, you can always put any key name you like :-). The only restriction is that Key 2 must be 8 or more characters long.
- Click Add
- Fill the Title field for example:’ Email Account’
- Fill the Username field for example: ‘codeexcavator’
- Fill the Password field for example: ‘k90RRc&0’
- Click Save
After the first setup of the database you can use the dbinfo.xml file in order to save the
default values for your database.
<dbinfo> <dbpath>C:\myfolder\passkeep.sdf</dbpath> <dbpass>admin</dbpass> <key1>myVerySecretKey</key1> <key2>mysecret10</key2> </dbinfo>
Copyright 2018 Code Excavator
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.